Here’s the competitive edge you’ve been waiting for. Edge 520 is the first device with Strava live segment challenges. This aerodynamic GPS bike computer is packed with advanced analysis features like time in zone, cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time1, indoor trainer support, cycling dynamics and in-ride challenges through Strava and Garmin Connect segments. Connected features include live tracking, smart notifications and automatic uploads to Garmin Connect. Edge 520 integrates with compatible Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems and additional ANT+ sensors. It’s compatible with GPS and GLONASS satellites, so you benefit from more signal options, wherever your ride takes you.
Edge 520 Updates Available now via free software
- ANT+ Shifting — The Edge 520 now integrates with ANT+ shifting, enabling the SRAM RED eTAP and Campagnolo EPS. Cyclists can view their current gear directly on their devices via a data field, their gear ratio (front gear/rear gear) and their electronic shifting system battery status.
- TrainingPeaks iLevels — The Edge 520 is now compatible with the new WKO4 individualized power levels (iLevels) by TrainingPeaks. Users can now update their iLevels directly from WKO4 by syncing through a USB connection. Free 14 day trial– Visit the following website for a free 14 day trial of WKO4 at TrainingPeaks: TrainingPeaks.com/WKO4.
- Strava Segments- Send segments from Strava to your Edge 520 and compete for coveted KOM or QOM titles. Only Garmin lets you race Strava segments on compatible Edge devices.
- Advanced Metrics – Edge 520 provides new advanced performance and power analysis, including new Time in Zone, FTP and watts/kg tracking, Cycling-specific VO2 and Recovery, and Cycling dynamics.
- High Resolution Display – Edge 520 offers a high-resolution, 2.3″ color display, providing great visibility in a lightweight, compact device, similar in size to the Edge 500.
- ANT+ Compatible – In addition to pairing with standard ANT+ sensors – including power meters, heart rate monitors, speed and cadence sensors, VariaTM cycling awareness products6, remotes and VIRB – the Edge 520 pairs with compatible ANT+ indoor trainers
- Battery Life – With a battery life of up to 15 hours, Edge 520 is built to handle endurance rides.