While the industry typically uses “entry-level” as shorthand for a non-race bike, we can assert with comfort and confidence that the custom grips, saddles, and other features that set Strider’s lighter, more expensive models apart from the “entry-level” 12 Classic Balance Bike probably won’t be missed. The 12 Classic is designed for aspiring cyclists from 18 months to 3 years of age, providing a platform to transition from striding to coasting in order to learn the balance and handling skills necessary for eventually piloting a proper bicycle. The balance bike’s sturdy frame is rounded off with flat-free tires, an adjustable seatpost, footrests for gliding, and brake mounts so that — as the young rider’s coasting skills increase — a rear brake can be added to keep things in check.
- The #1 Selling, Most highly rated, Highest Reviewed Balance Bike in the World.
- STRIDER has the youngest starting age: 18 months. If they can walk they can ride!
- The Most Adjustable Seat & Handlebar Height of any Balance Bike.
- STRIDER gives children the Easiest Transition to a Pedal Bike.
- The 12 Classic model comes with the mini-seat (18-36 months). Strider recommends the additional padded seat with extra long seat post for children 36-60 months.