The Ultimate Road Pedal for Recreational Cycling featuring Speedplay Hybrid Pedal Technology!
Designed for the serious enthusiast or first time clipless user, the Speedplay Ultra Light Action Pedal System features an advanced hybrid pedal technology that combines the most user-friendly characteristics found in Speedplay’s popular X and Zero road pedals. Speedplay Ultra Light Action pedals blend the legendary ease-of-entry and luxurious non-centering free-float of Speedplay’s X Pedal System together with the robust spring design and enhanced durability of Speedplay’s Zero Pedal System. Named “Ultra Light Action” after its unique low-force, high-security latch mechanism, the new Speedplay Ultra Light Action Pedal System provides the easiest and most intuitive entry and release functions ever.
* Cleat weights for 4-hole/3-hole mounting.
EXTREMELY LIGHT WEIGHT PEDALS AND CLEATS IMPROVE RIDING EFFICIENCY:
★ Chrome-Moly pedal each – 110g
Stainless pedal each – 103g
Titanium pedal each – 82g
★ Ultra Light Action cleats per pair – 69g/117g*
UNBEATABLE CORNERING CLEARANCE: Thin pedal body provides the lowest stack height and best cornering clearance available.
① EASY CLEAT SET-UP: Set-up is easy because no complicated adjustments are needed.
② PRECISION BEARINGS: High precision cartridge and needle bearings ensure high quality, low friction and durability.
③ EASY MAINTENANCE: A built-in grease port for easy bearing lubrication.
④ FITS MORE SHOES: Ultra Light Action cleats fit any shoe with a 3-hole or 4-hole mount.
Note: Ultra Light Action pedals are not compatible with Speedplay Zero and X-Series cleats. Ultra Light Action cleats are not compatible with Zero and X-Series pedals.
- Material: chrome-moly, Float: 0 – 15 deg, Cleats: rubberized walkable, Compatible Components: 3-bolt road shoes, 4-bolt road shoes, Weight: [pedal, single] 110 g, [cleats, pair, 4-bolt] 100 g
- For these users: 1. Rider who does not want to overcome a spring-tension stop to release easier than ZERO from the cleat 2.Rider who prefers a float range of 15 degrees 3. All riders, including lighter weight riders such as women and youths, who desire low-force entry 4.Competitive cyclist who seeks a pedal for use in training and non-competition 5.Rider updating from X series 6.Rider who is new to clipless pedals
- The integrated, rubberized covers stay on the cleats while you are riding. When walking, the covers improve traction and protect the cleats from wear. Additionally, the thin, contoured cleat profile allows for a more natural gait and makes walking in road shoes much less awkward. Included with the cleat sets are handy plugs called Cleat Buddies for use when walking in dirty conditions. Cleat Buddies prevent debris contamination by fitting into the cleat’s center cavity.
- EASY DUAL-SIDED ENTRY: The symmetrical Ultra Light Action pedal is always in the right position for engagement, whether it is right-side-up, upside-down, or anywhere in between. SELF-LOCATING CLEAT DESIGN: The Ultra Light Action pedal is automatically guided into the recessed cleat-cavity during engagement. This makes the pedals extraordinarily easy to find by feel and eliminates the need to look down.
- SECURE ENGAGEMENT: The security of the engagement mechanism doesn’t rely on spring tension, so it is not necessary to have a stiff retention spring. It’s easy to get in and out of without a struggle, and you won’t have to worry about pulling out inadvertently.