Spending considerable time sitting on a saddle teaches you the importance of comfort to performance. Aggressive pedaling positions can quickly lead to numbness and discomfort. Fortunately Oregon based titanium fanatic Sage is catching on to the virtues of shorter saddles for the road with the Sage Beccus Saddle. The stubby, ‘noseless’ design of the Beccus saddle, along with a center cut-out, keeps blood flowing under the tremendous pressure sustained efforts put on the perineal region. Like every bike Sage makes, the Beccus saddle utilizes titanium because, to quote the company’s founder David Rosen, “the metal has a life to it.” Titanium helps take the edge off of the harshest roads creating a more comfortable ride. Put together, the short length, center cut-out, and titanium rails combine to create a saddle that will reduce numbness under the biggest power outputs. Choosing a saddle can be difficult. Cheap ones can leave you desiring a more comfortable design or lighter weight. High-end, ultra-lightweight ones can leave your wallet feeling a lot lighter than your brand new saddle. Sage has managed to hit a sweet price point for a titanium rail saddle that tips the scales at only 250g. Here are the dimensions: Dimensions: Length: 245mm Width: 143mm or 155mm Height: 45mm at the center of the saddle
- COMFORTABLE: The Sage Beccus Saddle is designed to remove the “numbing” effect a rider can get with traditional long-nosed saddles.
- PAD DESIGN: The short/ stubby shape, and center cut-out, help to improve blood flow from areas that might have been impeded in the past even under the biggest power outputs.
- MATERIAL: Titanium helps take the edge off of the harshest roads by allowing the base of the saddle to dampen frame vibrations while still maintaining efficient power transfer through the frame.
- WEIGHT: Less material means less weight. The Sage saddle weighs in at 255g.
- STYLE: The logos are embossed for durability.